‘New Year, New You’ Or ‘Fabulous in 2016 and Still Fabulous in 2017’?
How Omega 3 can help with your weight loss.
Whatever way you’re feeling this January there is no getting away from the craze of getting in shape after the party season. Is it me or is it getting bigger and bigger each year? Everywhere you look there is a new health tip of how to get yourself moving and loose that extra weight. If you are like many of us and are jumping on the weight loss treadmill, here are some tips. The most important is to start small!
- Little changes that last go a lot further than big changes that don’t.
- Low fat does not mean low calorie.
- Don’t follow fad diets – you will be back here next year if you do.
- Get advice – go to a nutritionist for some personal advice and find out what works for you.
- Be accountable – join forces with your friends, family or local groups.
- Get active – any movement more than your doing now helps. Exercise is not only great for weight loss, but heart and bone health, reducing PMS and increasing energy too.
- Set realistic goals for yourself – don’t take someone else’s.
- Make it as much fun as you can – follow your favourite fitness and health bloggers on YouTube and Instagram
- Use free fitness apps like ‘MyFitnessPal’
- Eat fresh fruit and vegetables and cut down or cut out processed food.
- Prepare food in advance and freeze it in single portions so it is ready to go.
- Take a good Omega 3 supplement. A study published in the International Journal of Obesity showed that those who take Omega 3 supplements while on a diet loose more weight than those who restrict their diet alone (Thorsdottir, 2017).
- As we mentioned in our last blog on Seasonal Affective Disorder, Omega 3 and vitamin D3 are great for your mood so taking a good Omega 3 and vitamin D3 supplement will help you stay feeling positive, keeping you on track.
- Omega 3 has also been shown to help reduce inflammation and joint pain so you are less likely to experience aches and pains after you exercise.
- Improved blood flow from Omega 3 helps you burn more stored body fat when exercising, making your efforts go that bit further.
Wishing you all the best health for 2017
- Posted by admin
- On January 10, 2017
- 0 Comment